Local Missions Projects exists to serve the poor, the forgotten, and those in our community. Through Local Projects, we empower you to serve in the community by partnering with local organizations.
New Life has vetted each of our partner organizations and continues to look for ones making an impact in the community. Through these and other projects, we believe God will use our simple acts of kindness to bring others closer to Him.
Local Missions Partners :
Kearney Jubilee Serve Day
Location: 2523 Avenue A, Kearney.
The Kearney Jubilee Center is a non profit, community-based organization aimed at providing the most basic of human needs while advocating for social justice. They strive to maintain client dignity while offering supportive services in the areas of food, clothing, rent and utility assistance and medication assistance. They work to offer their clients the social, economical, financial and spiritual tools necessary to become active participants in the community.
Please contact the Jubilee Center at (308) 234-3880 for more information.
Kearney Area Habitat for Humanity
Kearney Crossroads Mission Avenue
Crossroads Mission Avenue was established in 1983 with a vision to serve the hungry and needy as they sought assistance.
What started out as a soup kitchen serving one meal a day with only one bed, has evolved into a state-of-the-art facility providing unparalleled services in central Nebraska. They offer so much more than a hot meal and a warm bed. Their 4-Phase Recovery Program and Personalized Case Management is what sets them apart.
In addition to the 40 bed homeless shelter, thrift shop, and recycling program, Crossroads just opened 15 transitional housing apartments on the Kearney Crossroads campus to provide affordable housing for men, women and families in Buffalo County.
Volunteers are always needed
- Thrift Store (weekdays 9-5) – Sorting donations and assisting with displaying items
- Volunteer Driver (various days & times) – driving Crossroads vehicles to pick up donations, take guests to Dr. appointments, etc. Must have a valid driver’s license and be willing to do a background check.
- Maintenance (weekdays 9-5) – Need help with painting, upkeep, cleaning, etc. Any maintenance experience would be great, but we are willing to train.
- Kitchen Help (various days & times) – Assist in planning and preparing meals; serving guests.
- Special Projects (throughout the year).
For more information about New Life’s group and individual serving opportunities at Crossroads, email Cindy Hayes at firstname.lastname@example.org