New Life is staying up-to-date with the spread of the COVID-19 virus and we are taking into consideration what local and national authorities advise as we determine our ongoing response.
-We’re Meeting Online This Weekend! Our Governor has asked us to restrict groups to 10 people or less. So we will be broadcasting our service on our web site and on Facebook. Our Service times have expanded and will be Saturday at 6:00 pm, and Sunday 9:00 and 11:00 am and 6:00 pm.
-New Life will be hosting a Drive Thru Food Drive this Saturday from 9:00 am-12:00 noon in the parking lot of our Kearney location. Tell others and bring a few non perishable items like peanut butter, jelly, canned soup and canned meats and fruit. Food will be distributed to local food pantries.
-Crossroads Mission Serve Day for Saturday, March 21st has been cancelled due to Crossroads restricting access to their facility.
-Women’s Spring Retreat planned for April 3-4th has been postponed.
We are continuing to monitor the situation and our staff and leaders are taking every precaution to keep our church family healthy! Please continue to check our website for updates and further information.
A Christ-Centered Response
For believers, this is a good time to remember that our hope is not in what we save or even in our physical health. Neither the markets nor our current health status provide the source of our identity. Psalm 20:7 reminds us, “Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the Lord our God”.
“For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and love and of a sound mind” 2 Timothy 1:7. This is critical to hold to when fear threatens to grab hold of our hearts. God is not surprised by a viral outbreak. He is not disinterested in our fears. He is our rock, our light, and our salvation (Ps. 27:1). Let’s use the gift of sound-thinking to take precautions, AND pray faith (not fear) filled prayers.
Jesus told us to let our light shine in a dark world (Matt. 5:14-16), so place your trust firmly in the Lord and shine!
Staying Healthy at New Life
We regularly clean all campuses and are committed to keeping New Life environments clean and safe for you and your families to gather and worship.
- Our Host Teams are opening doors for people, using gloves when serving coffee and donuts, sanitizing public areas and bathrooms throughout our services and are welcoming people with waves instead of handshakes.
- Our bathrooms are equipped with touch-less features including automatic soap dispensers and are disinfected on a regular basis.
- In addition to hand soap available in the bathrooms, we have alcohol-based hand sanitizers available for use at every service time and location.
- To keep germs of any kind at bay, we are asking people to put a pause on handshakes and hugs and stick with huge smiles and warm words – maybe some air hi-fives, too!
- If you aren’t feeling well and think you may be sick, we encourage you to stay home and rest, join our Live Stream at 11:00 a.m. CST on Sunday, or on Facebook, or watch anytime with our sermons On Demand
Use the following guides to help your children process their feelings and concerns:
[pdf-embedder url=”https://mynewlifechurch.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/Crisis_Preschool.pdf” title=”Preschool”]
[pdf-embedder url=”https://mynewlifechurch.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/Crisis_Elem.pdf” title=”Elementary”]
[pdf-embedder url=”https://mynewlifechurch.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/Crisis_MS.pdf” title=”Middle School”]
[pdf-embedder url=”https://mynewlifechurch.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/Crisis_HS.pdf” title=”High School”]
As with any normal flu season, follow these “commonsense” guidelines for keeping yourself and others healthy:
- Wash your hands regularly
- Cough or sneeze in the bend of your elbow
- Don’t touch your face
- Eat healthy and drink lots of fluids
- Stay at home if you are sick or coughing
For more information, please access the following link:
DHHS COVID-19 Website: http://dhhs.ne.gov/Pages/Coronavirus.aspx