New Life United
Join us for our upcoming New Life United Event
on Sunday, July 26, 2015 from 2:30 – 8:15 pm at Johnson Lake
People from our Kearney and North Platte campuses will unite together for a fun afternoon and evening.
2:30: Let the fun begin (swimming, biking, volleyball, backyard games, etc.)
3:00-5:15: Boat rides and tubing (sign up begins at 2:30-Welcome Tent)
3:00-6:00: Fishing tournament (register at Welcome tent)
4:30: Fun Run (check in at 4:00pm by swimming beach)
5:15: Water Balloon competition (sign up at Welcome tent)
6:00-6:45: Food served (picnic area)
7:15- 8:15: Worship Rally and Water Baptisms (at swimming beach)
What to bring
- Snacks and drinks for your family
- Sunscreen and bug spray
- Lawn chairs
- Swim suit, towel, life jackets (if have them)
- Any equipment/gear needed for activities/competitions you are participating in.
Directions and Parking
Follow I-80 to US-283 S in Lexington. Take exit 237. Follow US-283 South to Johnson Lake State Recreation Area.
- Due to limited parking, we suggest car -pooling as much as possible and parking at the Johnson Lake Chapel located on Hwy 283 directly across from the Recreation area. For those less able to walk, parking is available inside the park at the picnic area. $5 day pass is required to park in the State Recreation area if you do not have a state park permit.
- Swimming Beach – Cool off and have fun. No lifeguard on duty. Parents responsible for their kids.
- Biking – 10 miles of paved bike trail around the state park.
- Volleyball and backyard games – Games will be set up in the picnic area.
- Boat Rides and Tubing – Enjoy a leisurely stroll around the lake on a party boat or for greater thrills go tubing behind a speedboat or Jet Ski. Limited spots available, register at the Welcome tent in the picnic area starting at 2:30.
- Fishing Tournament – Bring your fishing gear and compete for Cabela’s gift cards. Categories: biggest fish, smallest fish, largest amount caught, and craziest catch. Check in at the Welcome tent when you arrive.
- Fun Run – Compete in a 2-mile fun run for gift cards to a sports store. Categories include: fastest junior runner (age 1-12), fastest teen (13-19), fastest adult (20-49), fastest legend (50 and up). Check in at 4:00 pm by the swimming beach. Pre-register by July 24. Click here to register for the appropriate category.
- Water Balloon Competition – Grab a partner and sign up at the Welcome tent for the water balloon toss competition. Win fun prizes!
Let us know you’re coming! Go to The City at www.mynewlife.onthecity.org and click on the calendar link.
Everything is FREE except $5 state park day pass if parking inside the Recreation area and don’t have a state park permit.