February 10-February 23
We live in a loud and fast-paced world, clouded with distractions pulling us in a thousand different directions. This hinders us from hearing God’s voice and seeing where God is leading us. We need a break from this lifestyle to get a clear 20/20 spiritual vision for our life. Designated prayer and fasting are God’s remedy to prepare our heart and to get His vision for our life.
We invite you to join us for these 14 days of prayer and fasting. Below, you will find the daily focus.
Here are a few things that can help you in your daily time with God:
1. Pick a time and place.
- Prioritize time in prayer by selecting a time and place to pray each day. Scheduling your prayer time can help ensure it happens.
2. Listen as much (if not more) than you speak.
- God is the one who will bring your spiritual vision into focus; therefore, you’ll want to spend time listening to Him and not just speaking to Him. Like talking to a friend on the phone, think of prayer as a two-way conversation.
3. Ask for anything
- From practical needs to spiritual needs, God doesn’t limit what we can ask for. Pray for the salvation of loved ones, for His Kingdom to be built, for his favor and provision, etc.
Fasting is a voluntary act of going without food – or any other regularly enjoyed activity – for the sake of a spiritual purpose. During these 14 days, we encourage you to consider fasting as a way of being more intentional and focused on your pursuit of God.
Scripture References: Matthew 6:16-18, Matthew 9:14-15, Esther 4, Nehemiah 9:1-3
- Fast one meal a day for 14 days
- Fast from food each Wednesday of the 14 days
- Fast from social media for the entire 14 days
- Fast from a hobby that can be time-consuming and spend that time in prayer with God
If you are considering a food fast, it is wise to consult your doctor before you begin.
Questions about fasting? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.